The cost of the program may vary from year to year and depends on a variety of factors, including financial aid eligibility and the student's selected field site.
Costs Covered by the University
- Faculty supervision on-site
- Program activities
*Please note that because of university policy, students may not opt out of housing arrangements.
Costs Covered by the Student
- Tuition, 3 or 6 credits, field programs and remote studios: For graduate students, tuition is based on the International Affairs per-credit cost ($1,776 per credit). For undergraduate students, there is a $5,300 flat fee for 6 credits. Please email [email protected] with questions about specific program costs.
- Tuition, noncredit, field programs in person: There is a $5,300 flat fee for those who wish to participate in the IFP (in person) without earning academic credits.
- Tuition, noncredit, remote studios online: There is a $2,700 flat fee for those who wish to participate in the remote studios (online) without earning academic credits.
Additional Variable Costs
- Airfare to and from the IFP location
- Local travel and transportation
- Living and personal expenses beyond housing
- Vaccinations and other medical expenses
Many study abroad scholarships are available through external organizations. It is worthwhile to research and apply for scholarships on your own. New School scholarship resources are listed below. You can also find more general information about scholarships
at this link.
Other external resources: