Undergraduate students receive ongoing, holistic support from professional academic and career advisors, who work with them as they design their unique degree pathways and prepare to effect change in the world after graduation. Throughout your time at The New School, advisors will strive to build a collaborative relationship with you that will empower you to develop skills, acquire tools, and articulate academic and career goals consistent with your personal values, helping you become a successful, independent, and socially responsible global citizen.
Academic advisors are available to support you throughout your time at The New School, guiding your academic experience and helping you flourish creatively as you prepare to transition to the world after graduation. They're here to help you
- Articulate your values and priorities
- Select courses
- Graduate on time
- Understand academic policies
- Develop tools needed to secure internships
- Think about career options
- Consider study and work abroad opportunities
- Connect substantively with faculty in areas of interest to you
- Locate the services available for first-generation-student support, veteran services, services to meet academic needs, disabilities accommodations, health and wellness services, and more
This innovative approach means students visit only one office to embark on and complete their academic and career advising journey. Contact your
school and program academic advisors.