Applications for summer 2023 are now open. We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis until programs are full.
To apply to the International Field Program (IFP) and Remote Studios, you need to have the following materials ready before filling out the online application.
- A recent résumé or CV
- An academic or professional writing sample OR portfolio
- A brief essay for your first-choice IFP country or Remote Studio
- A brief essay for your second-choice IFP country or Remote Studio
Without these document files available and ready for upload, you will not be able to complete the application process.
The writing sample can be a professional/academic paper (7-10 pages in length) showcasing your writing ability OR a portfolio (media, design, or art) highlighting your recent work in relation to the project of your first and/or second choice.
The brief essays (approximately 250-500 words) should explain:
- Your reasons for wanting to participate in that particular IFP site or Remote Studio—what experience or coursework leads you to choose that country?
- What experiences (research, internships, community service, travel, extracurricular activities, etc.) have you had that make you a strong candidate?
- What do you expect to gain from the experience, and how does the IFP or Remote Studio fit into your study plans and goals?