• Who is required to submit immunization records, and what records are required by the university?

    Degree-seeking students and ESL+ certificate students (one or more classes in person)All students living in university residence hallsOnline-only degree-seeking studentsContinuing and Professional Education students (one or more classes in person)Continuing and Professional Education students— online only
    Meningococcal Response FormMeningococcal Response FormMeningococcal Response FormXX
    XMeningococcal meningitis (ACWY type) within the last five yearsXXX

    Vaccination against COVID-19 is now strongly encouraged but not required. Students are advised to upload their COVID vaccine information to the SHS portal along with their other vaccine records.

    The current CDC recommendation is that all individuals age six and older receive one bivalent Moderna or Pfizer vaccine in order to be considered up-to-date, regardless of COVID-19 vaccine history. If you have received a bivalent dose, you are up-to-date at this time.

    If there is an outbreak of an infectious disease on campus, those without immunizations on record may be required to isolate, quarantine, or remain off campus during a required isolation/quarantine period or until health authorities allow a return to campus. This includes students who live in on-campus housing. Any expenses incurred by a student as a result of exclusion from classes, campus facilities, and/or university housing are the sole responsibility of the student.

    All required immunization dates and records must be entered and uploaded to the SHS portal, where they will be reviewed and verified by Student Health Services staff.

  • Contact Us

    Student Health Services (SHS)
    80 Fifth Avenue, 3rd floor
    New York, NY 10011
    [email protected]

    Office Hours
    Monday–Thursday, 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
    Friday, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
    Closed daily from 12:00-1:00 p.m.
    Closed on university holidays

    Student Health Insurance
    [email protected]

    National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

    Trevor Project Lifeline (LGBTQ-focused)

    LIFENET Hotline
    English: 800.543.3638
    Spanish: 877.298.3373
    Mandarin, Cantonese, and Korean dialects: 877.990.8585

    Limited same-day medical appointments are available.

    Telehealth counseling sessions are available after 5:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday.

    Students living outside of the United States should use emergency and after-hours services in their local communities.

  • Take The Next Step

Submit your application


To apply to any of our undergraduate programs (except the Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students and Parsons Associate of Applied Science programs) complete and submit the Common App online.

Undergraduate Adult Learners

To apply to any of our Bachelor's Program for Adults and Transfer Students and Parsons Associate of Applied Science programs, complete and submit the New School Online Application.


To apply to any of our Master's, Doctoral, Professional Studies Diploma, and Graduate Certificate programs, complete and submit the New School Online Application.