When traveling outside of the United States, F-2 dependents should carry the following documents for re-entry to the United States:
- Passport (valid for six months into the future)
- Unexpired F-2 visa (unless they qualify for a visa exception)
- Unexpired I-20 with valid travel signature*
*Travel signatures are located on page 2 of the I-20 and are valid for 12 months from the date of signature or until the I-20 end date, whichever is sooner. If the principal F-1 is on OPT or STEM OPT, the travel signature is valid for six months from the date of signature or until the principal F-1 OPT or STEM OPT end date, whichever is sooner. Travel signatures must be valid at the time of re-entry to the United States.
F-2 dependents traveling without the principal F-1 should also carry:
- Copy of the principal F-1's visa (unless the F-1 qualifies for a visa exception)
- Copy of the principal F-1's unexpired I-20
- Copy of the principal F-1's I-94 record
If you need a new travel signature, please complete the iGlobal e-form Reprint I-20 and choose Travel. ISSS will email you an I-20 with an electronic signature. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].