The Office of Alumni Engagement developed The New School Network as a virtual forum for our Alumni Community Groups. These newly launched groups offer alumni opportunities to get involved in event planning, volunteerism, and philanthropic initiatives designed to foster pride, build a sense of belonging, and support New School students. We look forward to promoting connections between New School graduates, students, and the university across schools, shared identities, affinities, and geographic locations.
We are enthusiastically seeking dedicated and passionate alumni leaders who will shape the direction of events and programming for specific Alumni Community Groups, including the Black Alumni, Latinx Alumni, and LGBTQIA+ Alumni Community Groups. Leaders will plan regular meetups, volunteer projects in local or shared-interest communities, and other fun social initiatives. You'll also help the Alumni Engagement Office bolster a sense of belonging and pride among alumni.
Each leadership committee will be chaired by three to six alumni volunteers and steered by a chair and co-chair. Leaders will elect a chair or co-chairs to serve as the executive leader for the group.
Leadership responsibilities include:
- Planning and assisting with two to three events or initiatives annually
- Meeting with leadership committee members one to three times annually
- Activating communications in the New School Network, social media, and other outlets
- Attending community events
To be eligible for a leadership position, volunteers must:
- Be degree-conferred alumni of The New School
- Be willing and able to work positively and collaboratively with members of the alumni community, the Alumni Advisory Council, the Office of Development and Alumni Engagement, and faculty and staff of The New School
- Preferably have volunteer experience with nonprofit programs, employee or membership programs, or New School engagement activities (for example, alumni mentorship)
Once accepted as part of a Leadership Committee, alumni will serve as community leaders for a term of two years, with a two-term consecutive limit. Nominations will be reviewed by Alumni Engagement staff and the Alumni Advisory Council.
Submit your nomination